March 9, 2020
RE: Coronavirus Update #2
The Township continues to actively monitor the evolving novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreaks and we continue to work with County and State Health Departments as well as the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Locally, our Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is ensuring that our first responders and police are prepared. In the event the CDC issues guidance which requires that we modify our report to protocols, rest assured that we are prepared to maintain basic operations and deliver essential services.
Our Marlboro Town calendar is packed with meetings, recreation activities and events, senior programs and all spring sports are underway. Until the CDC, State or County Departments of Health direct otherwise, Township programs will continue as scheduled. We will continue to follow the guidance provided by the health professionals in this regard. That being said, if you, or a member of your family have a higher risk of getting sick from COVID-19 (CDC guidelines HERE) we urge you to take additional precautions as outlined HERE. Contact your physician and ask if it is prudent for you to refrain from group activities at this time.
We ask everyone to follow the guidelines below and to stay home if you are sick except to seek medical attention.
Reduce the risk of contracting viruses:
• Avoid close contact with individuals who are at risk.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, if soap and water are not available.
Control the spread of respiratory illness to others:
• Stay at home when you are sick.
• Cover you cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Visit the Center for Disease Control website at https://www.cdc.gov
• Visit the State Department of Health website at https://www.nj.gov/health/
• Contact the Coronavirus hotline at 800-222-1222
If the situation changes, we will notify you via email, social media and SWIFT 911. I urge you to register to receive regular communications from the Township. If you have not yet done so, we ask that you visit the town website at www.marlboro-nj.gov and sign up for emails using the link on the home page and register for SWIFT 911 police calls for both home and cell and find us on social media HERE.
We continue to monitor the situation and our preparedness efforts. I will provide additional information as updates become available.
Mayor Jon Hornik
Mayor Hornik Coronavirus Update #1