Coronavirus Update #14
March 19, 2020
Please note the following updates for this evening:
- As stated in my earlier email, effective at 8pm this evening Governor Murphy has ordered the closure of all personal care businesses that cannot comply with social distancing guidelines. These include barber shops, hair, nail and eyelash salons, spas and all social clubs until further notice.
- Many local businesses are having difficulty during this time. If you own a business that needs assistance, please visit the new state business resources portal at https://faq.business.nj.gov/en/collections/2198378-information-for-nj-businesses-on-the-coronavirus-outbreak
- There are now additional ways for residents to get information about coronavirus.
- Call 2-1-1
- Call 800-962-1253
- Text NJCOVID to 898-211
- Text your zip code to 898-211 for live text assistance
- The Marlboro Division of Police is receiving a greatly increased number of calls. We ask that you do not call them for Coronavirus updates or information. They do not have more than is available on the official health webpage and on our website. It is vital that their lines stay open for emergencies.
Additionally, in response to the concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus, Chief Peter Pezzullo is advising the public that every effort is being taken to maintain police services to our residents. The community should be aware that some changes have been implemented by the police department for providing emergency services and maintaining the safety of all first responders. Call takers for the police department have been instructed to ask standardized pre-arrival screening questions to better identify how the police department should respond to the request for service.
For police requests of a non-emergent nature such as thefts, criminal mischief, harassment complaints, etc., citizens are urged to file an online police report through the police department’s website and linked HERE.
- A testing location in partnership with FEMA will be opening in Bergen County beginning March 20 from 8am to 4pm, 7 days a week. To be eligible you must be a current NJ resident experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness. It is expected that another testing site will be opening in Holmdel at the PNC Arts center next week. When the PNC testing site opens and more people form Monmouth County are being tested you WILL see the numbers of people infected with COVID-19 increase significantly. We should be prepared for this and not be shocked or panic. The press release with details and location of the Bergen site is HERE.
My Administrative Report given at the Town Council Meeting this evening can be viewed on the Township official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/marlborotownship/ . Stay safe and we will continue to update you throughout the weekend.
Mayor Jon Hornik