Coronavirus Update #13
March 19, 2020
Good afternoon. Please see the following updates. The following are some short updates and information for you and your families.
- Governor Murphy has announced that all facilities that provide personal care services where, by their nature result in non-compliance of social distancing guidelines are closed beginning at 8:00 pm tonight until further notice. They include, but are not limited to cosmetology shops barber shops, beauty salons, hair braiding, nail salons, electrology facilities, spas (including day spas and medical spas at which solely elective and cosmetic procedures are performed), massage parlors, tanning salons, tattoo parlors and public and private social clubs (whether or not they serve alcohol).
- Altice/Optimum has announced several programs as a part of the ‘Keep America Connected Pledge’.
Households with k-12 and/or college students that are new customers and do not have internet access can receive broadband for 60 days free of charge.
They will not terminate broadband or voice service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay due to COVID disruptions.
The will waive late fees incurred because of COVID-19 economic circumstances.
They are opening up their Wi-Fi hotspots to any American who needs them.
Please click HERE for the contact and additional information.
- Many are experiencing stress and anxiety. Those with alcohol or substance abuse issues may find ‘social distancing’ particularly challenging. The Marlboro Alliance for the Prevention of Substance Abuse has put together a list of links to organizations that you may find helpful in these challenging times. There are many more organizations that can be found on line. The Alliance list is HERE.
- Part of mental health includes finding ways to stay busy at home. Yesterday I sent an update with a list of activities together by our recreation department HERE.
- Many of our restaurants are open for delivery and pickup. We continue to update our restaurant guide. The most recent list is attached HERE.
Later this evening, I will be doing another Facebook video with additional updates and will again follow up with an email.
Mayor Jon Hornik